Friday, March 15, 2013

FORBIDDEN FRUIT

Baby sitting and dog/ house sitting was something I did frequently growing up and living out of someone else's kitchen was um let's say interesting. They stocked their cupboards with goodies I could only dream of! I found myself sampling every off limit food they had.  It was a good thing I was so good with children and dogs or I don't know that I would have been invited back!

This week I unexpectedly had a visit from the past as I babysat my sister in laws dog at her house for two nights. As I walked into the kitchen with the sub I picked up on the way over, I was greeted by two bags of chips, a box of cookies and mini Easter cream eggs all displayed on the counter!

The first night was a disaster; I sampled a cookie, the fully loaded potato chips that I had never tried, the regular potato chips that I had tried a million times and the mini eggs. Why is this food so appealing and what makes me dive right in with no care in the world? As I write this, I think forbidden fruit; these foods were always off limits and we all want what we can't have right? How do I change this?

Day two I managed to pull it together and get through the night having only one mini cream egg.  I honestly don’t even know why I bothered...I didn’t even really enjoy it.

The next time I dog sit, I will be sure to remind the home owners to put away all temptation for me!  I mean, it’s one thing to be challenged by one piece of forbidden fruit, but this was just too much to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment